You are currently browsing the archives for the Intro category.
Archive for the 'Intro' Category
Let me first say, that the feedback on this blog project has been overwhelmingly positive. I was honestly surprised to see the volume of responses I got about it, and the overall sentiment: “It’s about time!” I view this as a mandate to be entertaining and informative! I’m not going to cut corners on these posts, I’m going to do my best to give you guys gold.
Thank you for the support, thank you for the patience, and I hope I make this blog a worthwhile read!
Now for some promises:
1) I’m going to do my best to stay unique. This is not going to be like many blogs, where the writer talks about stupid things like what they had for lunch this afternoon, they’re upset about X Y or Z. That’s not the goal here. The goals are simple: Laughs, sharing information, and authenticity. Though I think I know what everyone expects, (myself included), a more longwinded internet equivalent of Peter Griffin’s “know what grinds my gears?”. Posts like these will happen, I assure you.
2) I won’t be filtering my opinion to avoid causing “the butthurt” on the interwebz. Note: This doesn’t mean I’m going to put on the shoes of those “winners” that try to be as offensive as possible because their parents didn’t hit them enough/hit them too much. I’m going to call it like I see it. Sometimes I’m going to have to take off the top hat and monocle, and let it rip. Some people are ****ing stupid, and I’m not going to stray from saying it. Yes, I understand this is someone’s brother/sister/uncle/cousin/friend/yada yada. This does not prevent people from being stupid, nor me narrating it. I apologize ahead of time if something you like gets stepped on, but I’m not going to retract it.
3) Guest Writers. In order to keep things fresh, I’ll be bringing in guest writers to comment on causes and knowledge bases of their own. I love to ask people questions about the things they’re passionate about to chew on the ideas a bit. From time to time you, the reader, will hear from them about it! Ever wanted to know what a combat arms soldier would share with you if given the chance? What about a chef? A model? Sounds interesting right?- At least I think so! This will be a feature of the blog, and I anticipate bringing in many writers, for many topics as this project rolls on.
4) When I talk about politics, I will note it in the beginning of the post. Politics is a touchy thing, and I know that many have thought, “I like what they have to say, but if they could hush up about the political stuff, that would be ideal” about a whole bunch of people. So when I delve into this, you will see Politics at the front of the post. This is the courtesy notification to change the channel if you’d rather not hear about it.
5) Hiccups will happen. If you talk enough times about enough topics, eventually predictions will end up being wrong, eggs will be shattered on faces, etc. I’m no different. Obviously I’m going to try hard not to do it, but interceptions will be thrown, I’m only human!
6) Expect to see posts with an optimistic feel to them. While I can and do take off the gloves a bit (intellectually speaking), truth be told I feel that I’m more of an optimist. Sure, some people are stupid, but this world is full of great people too. Great people often don’t know their worth, or perhaps they’re not told enough times. I’ll be telling those stories and singing the virtues of those people as well.
I’ll be stopping there before I make too many promises! I’m very excited to see how this unfolds.
Let the games begin!